SU Police urge fans to arrive early for Saturday’s homecoming game
Southern University encourages fans driving to the Saturday, Oct. 13 homecoming game to arrive as early as possible because of the large crowd expected for the Jaguars contest against Texas Southern University.
Kick off is set for 5:35 p.m. The University Police is urging fans to start arriving in the morning and early afternoon to avoid the heavy traffic expected to start building around 2:30 p.m.
The following is game day traffic and parking information from SU Police:
- Cars with parking lot and reserve parking decals should enter at Harding Boulevard. They will be directed to lots designated by their decals.
- Traffic on E.C. Harrison will be extremely limited beginning at 5 p.m. Friday extending to 7 a.m. Saturday morning — no parking is allowed, except for drop off tailgating supplies. No traffic will be allowed after 7 a.m. Saturday to set up tailgates and access to tailgating areas will require walking from reserve or free parking areas. Tailgaters can reclaim their tailgating supplies at any time during the day, but may not permanently park along E.C. Harrison.
- Those entering on Swan Street will be directed to decal lots. Those persons without decals will be directed to available parking on Isabel Herson off of Swan Street near Southern University Lab School. The lot will cost $10 and is about a quarter of mile walk to the A.W. Mumford Stadium. There will also be shuttle buses available for persons who park in that area.
- Those entering from Mills Avenue, but don’t have a reserved parking sticker, will have to park near A.O. Williams Hall. Shuttles will be available for persons who park in that area.
- Person with handicapped tags will be directed to assigned areas. Shuttles will be available.
- Will Call will open for guests and the home team at 3:30 p.m. at the north entrances to Mumford Stadium.