Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College

Share Print Page Decrease Type Size Increase Type Size TEXT SIZE:

Report Sexual Crimes - Southern University Police

If the sexual assault occurs within the university's jurisdiction, the police agency with jurisdiction is the SU Police Department. If the sexual assault is reported to the SU Police Department, the investigating officer will advise the victim about the services available on campus and in the surrounding community.

Conversely, if the accused is not a member of the SU community and the assault did not take place in a university-related setting, SU has no authority to take disciplinary action. Nonetheless, the SU Police Department will assist the victim in contacting the appropriate police agency of jurisdiction.

Southern University Police Department
Phone: 225-771-2770


SUBR CrimeStoppers 771-3784
Baton Rouge City Police 911
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff 911
Baton Rouge Fire Department 911