The purpose of the Student Programs Office is to complement the academic program of studies and enhance the overall educational experience of students through development of and participation in social, cultural, intellectual and governance programs.
The Student Programs Office provides an environment in which students and student organizations are:
- Encouraged and aided in the development of social, cultural, intellectual and governance programs that expand involvement with the university community and society.
- Exposed to various cultures and experiences, ideas and issues, art and musical forms, and different ways of life.
- Assisted in the development of institutional spirit through interaction among students, staff, faculty advisors, and members of the local and world communities.
- Oriented to the culture and customs of the university and this country.
- Informed about institutional policies and procedures and how these are related to their lives and activities.
- Aided in the awareness and utilization of campus facilities and other resources such as Buildings and Grounds and Campus Police.
- Assisted in the development of leadership through opportunities to practice leadership, decision-making, and other related skills through Student Government, Fraternities and Sororities, and other academic and non-academic campus clubs and organizations.