- To prepare graduates to enter the profession as contributing interns who become licensed practitioners.
- To graduate interns who fundamentally know how buildings are built.
- To prepare graduates to enter professional or graduate programs.
- To prepare the student to reason abstractly, think critically and understand the method of critical inquire.
- To prepare the student to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity at different places and times.
- To prepare the student to learn independently.