- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact and Hours of Operation
- Writing Center Services
- Mission Statement
- Strategies & Methods of Efficacy
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- Writing Related Workshop Request
- Submit Results-Ask a Question
- Purpose of the Office
- Writing across the Curriculum
- Best Practices and SLOs for Tutoring Sessions
Log-in Instructions for Completing Self-Assessments (Pre-requisite for the Initial Consultation at the Writing Center)
Instructions for Logging on and Completing Pre-requisites (Multiple Intelligence and Learning Style-assessments) Prior to Scheduling the Initial Consultation at the SU QEP Writing Center
(1) Multiple Intelligence Self-Assessment (Eutopia.org)
Multiple Intelligence Self-Assessment
1. Click on the following link: http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-assessment.
2. Click on the “bubble” to answer each question (in the middle of the page).
3. Write down each “multiple intelligence” and the percentage (%) for each one.
(2) What’s Your Learning Style? (Education Planner.org)
A Learning Styles Self-Assessment
1. Click on the link, http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml to complete the “learning styles” self-assessment.
2. Click on the RED “self-assessments” tab on the left side of the screen.
3. Select “What’s Your Learning Style?” in the middle of the page.
4. Click the “Answer the 20 questions" to determine your learning style.
5. Once you are on the “What’s Your Learning Style? The Results” page, write down each “learning style” and the percentage (%) for each one so that you can input this information on the "Results" form to be emailed to the QEP Writing Center.
6. Fill out the “Multiple Intelligence and Learning Styles Self-Assessments Results” form (on this web page), and email it to the SU QEP Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: Please submit your "self-assessments" results at least 48 hours before your initial consultation is scheduled at the SU QEP Writing Center in order to grant Writing Assistants (WA) ample time to design a “3 in 30” combination (combo) that is specifically individualized and customized to your multiple intelligences and learning styles to most efficiently and effectively address your writing skill deficiency/deficiencies.