Southern University’s Freshman Academy is a new program designed to help students make the most of their first year at Southern University and encourage them to set their sights on a college degree from one of our six premier colleges which include, College of Agriculture and Family and Consumer Sciences, College of Business, Nelson Mandela College of Government and Social Sciences, College of Humanities and Interdisciplinary Studies, College of Nursing and Allied Health, and College of Sciences and Engineering.
- Have a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Regents Core 4 Curriculum
- Have at least ACT sub-score of 18 in English or ACT sub-score of 19 in mathematics.
- Have no less than ACT sub-score of 15 in Math or English or no less than an SAT sub-score of Math 390 or Writing/Language 22- for developmental course placement.
- Students are only allowed to take one developmental course)
- Admissions Application
- High School Transcript
- Standardized test scores
- Immunization Records
- Signed Freshman Academy Contract
- Free Tutoring
- Leadership Development
- Free Keys to Success Workshops
- Early start on Developmental courses
- One-on-One Academic Advising Sessions
- Fostering Relationships with Faculty Advisors
- Complete 2018-19 FASFA
- Register for Orientation
- Attend Summer Session (If attending Summer School)
- Attend Session 5 (If you are not attending Summer School)
Location: T.H. Harris Hall Suite 1080