- Tuition and Fees
- Terms and Conditions of Award
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- How to Accept Fin Aid Terms, Conditions and Awards
- Financial Aid Calendar of Events
- Financial Literacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Financial Aid Forms
- Contact Us
- Helpful Links
- Glossary of Terms
- Crime/Security Information
- Constitution Day
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Summer 2019 Information and Instructions
Please be aware that you may not be eligible for loan assistance during the summer if you borrowed the annual maximum amount during the academic year; or if your loan indebtedness has reached its program maximum. Students should review the summer registration bulletin before applying for summer aid. Financial Aid Advisors are available to help determine eligibility. Before registering for the summer session, continuing students must receive financial clearance via from the Office of Student Account.
Priority Application Submission Period:
April 1, 2019 through April 30, 2019
Late Application Submission Period:
May 1, 2019 through June 1, 2019
Application Procedure: Information from your 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be used to determine your eligibility for Summer 2019. It is important to note here that your FAFSA must already be on file in the Financial Aid Office.
Categories of Ineligible Students:
Please keep in mind that you may not be eligible to receive Summer aid, for example:
- If you have already received the maximum Pell Grant or Direct Stafford Loan (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized) allowed at your grade level during the 2018-2019 academic year or the aggregate limits for the Pell Grant or Direct Loan programs.
- If you have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in accordance with the SAP Policy (determination made at the end of the Spring 2019 term).
Enrollment Plans: Your expected enrollment for the summer is one of the most important factors in determining your eligibility. Tuition and fees are charged according to the number of credit hours taken: therefore, it is essential that you tell us the exact number of hours you expect to take for each summer session. Also, if you drop hours after funds have been disbursed, you may be required to repay all or a portion of the aid.
Eligibility for Aid: You must be in a degree program; you must be in good academic standing as defined by the Southern University and A&M College Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy; you must be an U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen; and you must not be in default on a federal loan, or owe a refund to the U.S. Department of Education.
Award Notification: Providing that we have received your 2018-2019 FAFSA results. You will be notified of your eligibility online via your Self-Service Banner account. Should you have any questions concerning the status of your application, feel free to contact the Office of Financial Aid by accessing our Contact Us link on our website.
Anticipated Disbursement Dates:
1st Disbursement: June 12, 2019 & 2nd Disbursement: June 22, 2019