- Tuition and Fees
- Net Price Calculator
- Terms and Conditions of Award
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- How to Accept Fin Aid Terms, Conditions and Awards
- Financial Aid Calendar of Events
- Financial Literacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Financial Aid Forms
- Contact Us
- Helpful Links
- Glossary of Terms
- Crime/Security Information
- Constitution Day
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Summer Financial Aid
To ensure that you adhere to all deadlines, please refer to the Institution’s Spring & Summer 2019 Academic Calendar.
Eligibility for Summer Financial Aid is based on information submitted on the 2019-2020 FAFSA. In addition to the FAFSA, we require that you complete a Summer 2019 Financial Aid Request Form, which signals to us that you are interested in aid. The priority deadline for submitting your Summer 2020 Financial Aid Request Form is April 30, 2020. Late submissions are accepted from May 1, 2020 through June 1, 2020.
Direct Stafford Loans for Summer are available only for students whom:
- Have not already used their full eligibility during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Attended either Fall and/or Spring semesters during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Are attaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and have not been Academically Dismissed during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Undergraduate Students are enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours during the Summer 2020 term
- Graduate Students: are enrolled for a minimum of 5 credit hours during the Summer 2020 term
Students who have used their maximum Stafford eligibility have the option to apply for an alternative loan. These are credit based loans in the student's name. In most cases, a co-signer would be required for approval. The credit decision is determined solely by the lender you are completing the application with. It is strongly encouraged to apply for your alternative loan during the designated dates between April 1st and June 1st to ensure that your loans are factored for clearance and timely disbursement. Also, parents of Dependent students (as defined by the US Department of Education) may also borrow (if creditworthy) under the PLUS Loan Program (Direct Parent PLUS loan) using the award request dates of June 2020 to July 2020. After completing the PLUS Loan Request, parent borrowers will need to complete the Loan Agreement, also known as the Master Promissory Note (MPN), for their Direct PLUS loan.
Before registering for the Summer Session, Continuing Students must pay any balance due from previous enrollment(s). Questions regarding past due balances must be directed to the Bursar’s Office. They can be reached at 1-225-771-2580.
Should you have any questions concerning the status of your application, feel free to contact your assigned Financial Aid Counselor through our Contact Us link. If you live on campus or reside in the area, we strongly recommend that you visit the Office of Financial Aid to address any questions you may have about your summer financial aid.