International Centre for IT & Development
Bringing over 100 years of combined research and grant writing experience, Professor Victor Mbarika (www.mbarika.com; www.subr.edu/icitd) and his team from Southern University, USA, will conduct a Two Day Workshop on developing winning grants. ICITD has brought in multimillion dollars in grants from agencies such as NSF, Board of Regents, NASA , Microsoft, McArthur Foundation and Fulbright. This workshop will equip participants with knowledge of the various grant agencies and how to write and win millions in grants to fund from individual to organizational projects. Participants will learn about grant agencies funding student dissertations and how to benefit. It will also teach participants how to execute and sustain projects once awarded a grant. When and where: Wesley University, Ondo, Nigeria and Southern University and A&M college, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Who should attend: University Management, Faculty and Staff, Graduate / Post Graduate students, employees from nonprofit organizations, chambers of commerce, education (private and public), public health, social work, as well as independent consultants and grant writers needing certification.
The International Centre for IT Research and Development (ICITD) is a citadel of Information Technology focused on advancing IT research and training worldwide with emphasis on developing nations.
ICITD will deliver exceptional research, educational programs and projects relating to information and communication technology with a focus on being an international model for excellence that produces distinctive differences.
ICITD fulfills its mission and realizes its aspirations in three ways
Specific objectives of the center include:
- The publication of tier one refereed journal papers in the area of technology transfer to developing nations;
- Offer technology transfer consulting services to managers and policy maker in developing nations;
- Mentor graduate students to produce high caliber journal and conference papers in the technology transfer stream of research;
- Run technology transfer-related summer research institutes for undergraduate students;
- Conduct international research travel experiences for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Host one workshop per year in Baton Rouge and one workshop per year at a chosen developing nation to disseminate research findings.
Office Address: Southern University and A&M College, College of Business, T. T. Allain Hall.
P. O. Box 9723, Baton Rouge, LA 70813. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org