Responsible Employee Information
What is a Responsible Employee?
The Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights defines a responsible employee has an individual, (a) who has the authority to take action to redress sexual harassment/misconduct, (b) who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual harassment/misconduct or any other misconduct by students to the Title IX coordinator or other appropriate designee; or (c) who a student reasonably believes has this authority or duty.
Who are Responsible Employees?
A Responsible Employee must promptly notify the Title IX Coordinator of any report of sexual misconduct brought to their attention, including campus law enforcement. The Title IX Coordinator works collaboratively with the reporting entity, making every effort to operate with discretion and maintain privacy of the individuals involved. Responsible Employees for Southern University and A&M College are as follows:
- Members of the Board of Supervisors
- Vice Presidents and Vice Chancellors
- Assistant/Associate Vice Presidents and Assistant/Associate Vice Chancellors
- Title IX Coordinators/Deputy Coordinators
- Campus Police
- Human Resources Directors and Staff
- Residential Life and Housing Directors and Staff (including RAs)
- Deans and Assistant/Associate Deans
- Departmental Directors, Assistant/Associate Directors, and Coordinators
- Athletics Administrators, Staff, Coaches, and Assistant Coaches
- Academic Department Chairs and Assistant/Associate Chairs
- Academic Faculty (full-time and part-time)
- Faculty/Staff Leading or Chaperoning Travel
- Faculty/Staff Advisors to Student Organizations
Responsible Employee Resources
- Responsible Employee Overview (Link to PDF)