Fall 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
Fall 2021 COVID-19 Move-In Guidelines
All students moving into on-campus housing for the Fall 2021 semester will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result prior to moving into on-campus housing. Moving dates are Monday, August 9 and Thursday, August 12 (returning students). Students who are fully vaccinated do not have to submit a negative COVID-19 test result. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two full weeks after receiving the second dose of the two-dose Phizer or Moderna vaccine, or two full weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine.
For all questions regarding these guidelines, contact the Student Health Center at 225- 771-4770.
For fully vaccinated students:
- Students who are fully vaccinated do not need to submit a negative COVID-19 test result prior to move in. However, students must submit a copy of their vaccination cards to the Student Health Center for verification prior to Friday, August 6. Copies of vaccination cards must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a notation that the student is submitting the copy for clearance for housing. All students will receive an emailed response from Student Health, acknowledging their clearance to move in based upon verification of vaccination or advising the reason(s) for non-clearance.
- Any student who submits a copy of their vaccination card on or after Friday, August 6 will be delayed in receiving clearance to move in. It is strongly advised that students begin submitting the requested vaccination cards in advance to avoid delays.
For students who are NOT fully vaccinated:
- Students must complete a PCR type COVID-19 test. A rapid antigen or antibody test WILL NOT be accepted.
- Students must complete the COVID-19 test during the period of July 26 -August 6, 2021. Testing done prior to July 26 will not be accepted and repeat testing will be requested. Testing done after August 6 will cause a delay in clearance to enter campus housing. It is strongly suggested that students test in the earlier days of the testing period to allow sufficient time for results to be processed.
- All results must be emailed to email@example.com with a notation that the student is submitting the results for clearance for housing. Students must provide their full name, U number, date of birth, assigned housing location with room number and a contact telephone number in the email with the attached test results. The requested information must be submitted by 5 p.m. on August 6. Student Health Center staff will review results and students will receive an emailed response with COVID-19 clearance to allow them to move in.
- Any student who tests positive for COVID -19 during the move-in testing period must report their positive test result to the Student Health Center and complete a student incident report form at subr.edu/studenthealthcenter. The student must complete a minimum 10-day isolation period and submit a subsequent negative PCR test in order to receive clearance to move into on-campus housing.
- Students who do not adhere to these guidelines and deadlines must arrange alternative housing at their own expense for a minimum of three to five days until clearance is granted. If a student has extenuating circumstances and is unable to secure alternative off-campus housing during this move-in period, the student MUST contact the Student Health Center at 225-771-4770 prior to the student’s move-in date.
For questions about testing, vaccines or the verification process, contact the Student Health Center at 225-771-4770. For vaccine locations, go to www.vaccines.gov. For testing locations, go to https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html.
For general Housing inquiries, contact Residential Life and Housing at 225-771-3590