University College Supplemental Instruction
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a nontraditional form of tutoring that focuses on collaboration, group study, and interaction for assisting students in undertaking "traditionally difficult" courses. SI targets courses with a minimum 30% rate of students that drop, withdraw, or fail, and then provides a trained peer who has successfully negotiated the course to assist its future students. Through 50-minute SI sessions, students are provided with course-specific learning and study strategies, note taking and test taking skills, as well as the opportunity for a structured study time with peers.
Online SI sessions are hosted via Zoom with external specialist. Services are free to all currently enrolled students. We highly encourage all students to take advantage. The Zoom link for Online SI will be avaliable via Navigate text messsage and via Moodle.
SI Sessions are:
- An opportunity to improve understanding of content in Math and English courses
- An opportunity to get ahead on course work and meet other peers outside of the classroom setting
- Keys to Success including "how to study" for difficult courses
- Opportunity to earn additional points and improve your grades before midterm and final examinations.
Supplemental Instruction Office Hours
- Connect with a University College Team member on the 3rd Floor of W.W. Stewart Hall for SI Office Hours or refer to your course syllabus.
- Email email@example.com
Summer 2021 Supplemental Instruction (Click Here)