Hurricane Safety Tips
- Fuel and service your vehicle
- Secure all windows and any items that could become flying objects.
- Wedge sliding glass doors so they do not lift off track.
- Have flashlights and first aid kit available.Turn refrigerator to the coldest setting in case of power failure
- Have an extra supply of cash on hand
- Protect pets.
- Evacuate if advised to do so!
If you evacuate:
- Leave during daylight, if possible.
- Notify neighbors and one family member outside of the affected area.
- Monitor local RV and radio for official bulletins:
- NOAA weather Radio 162.400
- WJBO 1150 AM & WFMF 102.5 FM
Important steps toward saving lives and property:
- The time to prepare is before the storm.
- Assemble a disaster supply kit to include--Water; nonperishable food items, first aid supplies, clothing & bedding tols & emergency supplies, and special items.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Trim trees and shrubbery.
- Review your insurance policy.
For further information contact:
East Baton Rouge Parish
Office of Emergency Preparedness