Student Employment Authorization
- Once student returns to the Office of Student Financial Aid with his/her will receive an Authorization to work.
- During the interview the Supervisor should tell the student when he/she is expected to report to work.
- When a student worker reports to work, he/she should present to the Supervisor the Authorization Form. At no point should a student be permitted to begin work without authorization. The Federal Work-Study program is not responsible for compensating students who begin work without permission.
- Always check the Student Authorization Form to determine the official date the student is authorized to start work, hourly wage rate, maximum award, and maximum hours a student can work per week, and the last date a student can work for that academic year.
- When the contract period expires, the student will no longer continue to earn Federal Work-Study wages, even if the entire amount awarded has not been earned. If the student earns his/her total amount before the expiration of his/her employment contract, he/she will no longer be eligible to be paid with federalfunds. Once the student has earned his/her maximum award, the student must be released from the work study program.