Office of Institutionalizing and Sustaining Strategic
Assessment Management (ISSAM)
In keeping with the Institution's mission, the Office of ISSAM provides leadership, high quality advanced innovation, ethical and well-managed administration, and effective use of entrusted resources to:
- provide information and technical expertise to assist academic and other units at all levels in measuring and improving student learning and outcomes.
- facilitate continuous improvement of academic and administrative processes.
- develop and disseminate best practices for enabling continuous learning and development.
- accumulate, generate, maintain, communicate and disseminate institutional information to support assessment and general awareness of student learning.
The Office of ISSAM's purpose is to improve and sustain efficiency and effectiveness;
- of the Institution's programs by enhancing support for program effectiveness and evaluation/compliance readiness.
- of the Institution's learning environment to ensure that students attain learning outcomes in general education and in the major by providing comprehensive assessment services that provide information to improve academic programs and to evaluate the educational impact of the university experience on students.
- by analyzing student learning assessment data and, in conjunction with the University Assessment Committee, implementing improvements based on best practices to curtail issues adverse to student learning performance.
- by closing the loop between the collection of assessment data and the preparation and use of those data to improve learning and instruction and unit/office efficiency by enhancing faculty and staff professional development in regards to assessment.