- Code of Conduct
- Statement of Ethical Principles
- Tuition and Fees
- Terms and Conditions of Award
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- How to Accept Fin Aid Terms, Conditions and Awards
- Financial Aid Calendar of Events
- Financial Literacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Financial Aid Forms
- Contact Us
- Helpful Links
- Consumer Information
- Crime/Security Information
- Glossary of Terms
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Financial Aid News
Financial Aid News
This section highlights many of the major changes to the Federal Student Aid (FSA) programs for the current and prior years. Please review to ensure that you remained informed about how these changes affect you and your ability to finance your college education.
2016-2017 TOPS Information Update
There have been recent legislative changes to the TOPS program effecting the 2016-2017 Academic year. The Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) released the pro-rata TOPS amounts for the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters, including stipend awards. The amounts are posted here on the LOSFA website along with answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
The Office of Student Financial Aid is in the process of adjusting TOPS awards. If you believe you are TOPS eligible and your award is not posted to your account by December 2, 2016 please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (225) 771-2790.
Spring 2017 Award amounts for Southern University - Baton Rouge are:
TOPS Tuition (Opportunity, Performance & Honors)
TOPS Performance Stipend
TOPS Honors Stipend
We recognize the importance of the TOPS program for our current and future students. We will update current and prospective students when information becomes available.
Please see helpful information below to aid in preparation for the Spring 2017 semester:
- Register for spring classes
- Remain eligible to receive TOPS by maintaining the appropriate GPA and earning the required number of class hours
- Check your Banner self-service for the amount of Financial Aid awarded to determine if other sources of aid may be needed
- Check the status of your 2016 - 2017 federal financial aid loans. Previously declined loans may be available to you. Contact your financial aid counselor for more information.
- Parents may apply for a Parent PLUS loan at www.studentloans.gov
- Deferred payment plans are available. Click here for more information.
The Office of Student Financial Aid
T.H. Harris Annex Bldg. 139
Baton Rouge, LA 70813