365 Jag Orientation Registration
Southern University and A&M College is excited to welcome all new students to the Jaguar Nation. To ensure the academic success of all students, 365 Jag Orientation is MANDATORY for all first time students (income freshman and transfer students) enrolling in Southern University and A&M College. On-campus lodging is provided for 365 Jag Orientation students.
The summer 2014 365 Jag Orientation/Parent University dates are as follows:
Session 1 (June 22, 2014 - June 25, 2014) REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 6, 2014
Session 2 (June 29, 2014 - July 2, 2014) REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 6, 2014
Session 3 (July 13, 2014 - July 16, 2014) REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 27, 2014
Session 4 (August 6, 2014 - August 8, 2014) REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 3, 2014
Session 4 is for out of state students ONLY (with the exception of students from Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi, students from these states must choose from Sessions 1-3). There is no Parent University scheduled for the Session 4 dates. Students will ultimately be assigned a session based on session availability.
The registration fees are as follows:
- 365 Jag Orientation: $150.00, per student REGISTRATION FORM
- Parent University: $50 per parent/guardian REGISTRATION FORM
There is no onsite registration for 365 Jag Orientation or Parent University, as all students and parents/guardians must pre-register. All new students to Southern University and A&M College are assessed the $150 orientation fee. This fee is non-refundable and not itemized, as all students pay one fee. There are no exceptions. If you would like to change your session date after you have received a confirmation notice, please note that you will be assessed a fee of $50 before you are moved to a new session.
365 Jag Orientation and Parent University payments can be made in the form of either a cashier's check or money order, made payable to: Southern University - 365 Jag. Please include the student's S-Number on the payment.
Please follow the steps below to ensure that you are registered for 365 Jag Orientation and Parent University:
- Please ensure that you have submitted all required information to the University.
(Ensure that you have been accepted to the University)
(Ensure that all admissions and financial aid documents have been submitted)
- When submitting the 365 Jag Orientation/Parent University registration forms, please be sure to include a valid email address.
(All communication is done via email.)
- Complete the 365 Jag Orientation registration process by the assigned deadline.
(This includes submitting the registration form and orientation fee.)
(Session seating is limited so register early.)
- Complete and submit the 365 Jag Orientation registration form (as well as Parent University form), along with all payments, in one packet to:
365 Jag - Office of Student Life
PO Box 13405
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
For parents/guardians attending Parent University, the Parent University registration form must be submitted in addition to the student's 365 Jag Orientation registration form.
After registration materials are received, students will receive a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail will include specific information regarding check-in, travel and parking, and what to bring to orientation. As a reminder, both the 365 Jag Orientation and Parent University fees are non-refundable. Session availability is based on registration. A session may be canceled because of low registration.
Road to the Jaguar Nation!
All first-time students to Southern University and A&M College must complete the following steps to ensure they are properly enrolled in school:
- Apply and be accepted for admission into Southern University and A&M College
- Complete the application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Review SUBR Financial Aid Website
- Apply for other scholarships (University-related and external).
- If interested in living on campus, you must apply directly to the Office of Residence Life and Housing
- Register for 365 Jag Orientation!