Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College

Share Print Page Decrease Type Size Increase Type Size TEXT SIZE:

Transfer Admissions


Students desiring to transfer from Regionally Accredited colleges and universities to Southern University with less than 18 semester hours of course work must meet the same requirements as the first time freshman.  Students with 18 hours or more must have a GPA of 2.0 (based on 4.0) on all transfer work.

Transfer students who have earned 18 or more college-level credit hours must:

  • Have a minimum cumulative college level GPA of 2.0 and have completed a college-level English and a college-level Mathematics course designed to fulfill general education requirements.
  • Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are transferring
  • Have earned credit for college level Math and English
  • Submit an official transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges that have been attended.
  • Submit a copy of your immunization record.
  • Submit a Transfer Reference Sheet that is to be completed by the Dean of Student Affairs.