CROSS-REGISTRATION PROGRAM POLICY AND PROCEDURE
Southern University and A&M College has an agreement with Louisiana State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, Southern University at New Orleans and Baton Rouge Community College to allow students to participate in a CO-OP or Cross-Registration program which enables REGISTERED students at each institution to enroll in courses at the other institution without additional fees as an extension of its program offerings.
Part-time students participating in the program only pay fees for the number of hours in which they are registered.
Students must be registered in courses at their home institution (MORE HOURS THAN YOU PLAN TO CROSS REGISTER) and may take no more than two (2) additional courses per semester or summer session under the cross-registration agreement. Deans of Colleges may grant exceptions for students enrolled in Cooperative Degree Programs between SU/LSU/SLU/SUNO/BRCC. Students with extenuating circumstances will require special permission from their College Dean, Advisor and Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs. Violations of this policy will result in posting a maximum of six semester hours credit toward degrees in that semester or summer session.
Southern University Baton Rouge campus students interested in cross-enrolling to LSU/SELU/SUNO/BRCC will be required to do the following:
- Obtain cross-enrollment application ONLINE or from your college Dean's office. (applications will only be submitted during registration periods).
- Register for classes at SUBR (must be a registered student to cross enroll)
- Complete application in its entirety, written legibly with the correct information. Incomplete forms will not be accepted (MUST INCLUDE THE SUBR EMAIL ADDRESS)
- Go to: www.lsu.edu, www.mybrcc.edu, www.selu.edu, www.suno.edu for course schedules.
- Secure the signature of your college DEAN AND ADVISOR. (LSU form as well)
- Return cross-enrollment forms to the Office of the Registrar located in T. H. Harris Hall for processing.
PLEASE NOTE: Cross registered courses WILL NOT be added to a student's schedule until confirmation has been received from the host institution that the student is enrolled in the course(s) they chose.
Students who submit cross registration applications should check their schedules online for confirmation via BANNER. Students will be contacted by email at their SUBR email account ONLY when confirmation is received from the host institution. If there is a problem, students will be given instruction on obtaining an override. If the course has not been added to the schedule prior to the first day of class, the student should see the coordinator for further instruction. Additionally, cross registered courses CANNOT be dropped online. The student must complete a drop slip to be processed and sent to the host institution.
Students are encouraged not to cross register the semester they plan to graduate because of the difference in the academic calendars of the host institutions where final grades may not be submitted on time to complete the graduation check-out process. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED TO POST FINAL GRADES.
Cross Registration Forms
- Southern University and A&M College at New Orleans
- Baton Rouge Community College
- Louisiana State University
- Southeastern Louisiana University
Business Contact Information
The Office of Enrollment Service is located on the 1st Floor of T.H. Harris Hall, P.O. Box 9454, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813. Phone: (225) 771-JAGS; Fax: (225) 771-5064
**With the Exception of State authorized holiday closing, and other university approved closures**