- Code of Conduct
- Statement of Ethical Principles
- Tuition and Fees
- Types of Aid
- Terms and Conditions of Award
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- How to Accept Fin Aid Terms, Conditions and Awards
- Financial Aid Calendar of Events
- Financial Literacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Financial Aid Forms
- Contact Us
- Helpful Links
- Consumer Information
- Crime/Security Information
- Glossary of Terms
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Withdrawing & Return of Title IV Aid
Withdrawing and Return of Title IV Aid
Federal Law requires an institution to return all unearned Title IV funds to the appropriate Title IV programs when a recipient of Title IV aid withdraws on or before completing 60% of the period of enrollment. If a recipient of Title IV funds withdraws during a period of enrollment, the University must calculate the amount of Title IV Aid the recipient did not earn, must return it to the Title IV Programs. This action may require the recipient to repay funds issued directly to them prior to the calculation. The non-payment of Title IV aid will also be reported to U.S. Department of Education for collections and the overpayment of grants reported to the National Student Loan Data System as required by Federal Law.
Federal Law requires that refunds on behalf of student financial assistance recipients must be returned in the following order:
1. Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
2. Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan
3. Federal Perkins Loan
4. Federal Direct PLUS (Graduate Student)
5. Federal Direct PLUS (Parent)
6. Federal Pell Grant
7. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
8. TEACH Grant
Students must withdraw from the University by submitting a "Withdrawal Form" to the Registrar's Office or submit a written statement including your name, student ID number, and date of withdrawal. Calculation of refunds or tuition adjustments shall be based on the official withdrawal date established by the Registrar's Office.
If a student unofficially withdraws from the university, the withdrawal date is the midpoint of the period of enrollment.
Examples of refund calculations are available for review in the Office of Student Financial Aid.
For more information on Withdrawing and its effects on your Financial Aid eligibility and repayment of aid, click here.