The Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management program is a response to a strategic planning review of the Southern University College of Business that creates an innovative education pathway to integrate students into the high-demand field of Supply Chain Management. It provides high quality, unique, and specialized learning opportunities to a diverse student population and attracts students and professionals to a growing field that is an integral part of Louisiana’s economic growth.
The program expands the College’s Graduate Program offerings and seeks to address a need to develop supply chain professionals in Louisiana for the 21st Century global economy. This will be accomplished by utilizing the College’s existing capacity of faculty and course inventory through five specific objectives:
- Advance the university mission by creating an opportunity to gain knowledge, skills, and credentials in high demand fields in the State of Louisiana and the nation.
- Increase the regional workforce talent pool of supply chain management professionals to meet the hiring needs of industries in the State of Louisiana.
- Improve the employability of College of Business graduates by enhancing and expanding the current program offerings.
- Increase the number of graduate students in the University’s College of Business program by expanding current graduate programs in high demand fields.
- Prepare students for the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification exam offered by APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society)
The Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management program targets individuals with undergraduate degrees in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering, and other majors. The program also targets students currently pursuing a Master’s or doctoral degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering, and other majors.
For more Information Contact
Online Programs Coordinator
College of Business