Criminal Justice Master's Program
The Criminal Justice Master's Program at SUBR began in Fall 2004 and offers a Master's degree in Criminal Justice.
The Master's Degree is a two-year program designed to develop, enhance and advance professionals and scholars
in the Criminal Justice field. The Program targets students interested in the criminal justice system who have a
committed interest in enhancing their professional and management skills as well as in advancing their education.
The program is designed to serve the following students:
- Those who want to enter into the criminal justice professions.
- Those employed in the criminal justice agency who wish to broaden their perspective as well as to advance in the system.
- Those who would like to teach at the college level.
- Those who would like to continue their education in a doctoral program in criminal justice or related field.
- Those who wish to use the degree as further preparation to entering Law School.
The Criminal Justice Master's Program is designed:
- to provide students with advanced knowledge, research, and analytical skills that should contribute to their educational and professional development to provide the students the theoretical knowledge, professional, leadership, and management skills that should enable them to function effectively in the criminal justice
- agencies, such as the police, prisons, juvenile justice, probation, private security, etc.
Department Contact Information
416 Higgins Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
Phone: (225) 771-0033
Fax: (225) 771-0031