- Academic Affairs
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Map
- Deferred Payment
- Disability Services
- Exploring Southern's Campus
- Financial Aid
- Graduate School
- Honors College
- New Student Orientation
- Registrar's Office
- Residential Life & Housing
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Dean of Students
- Title IX
- SUBR Catalogs
- Tuition & Fees
- 2017-18 Hardship Waiver Policy and Guidelines
- Undergraduate Admissions
Meet the 2nd Annual Pinkie G. Lane Poetry Contest winners
Join the Dean of Libraries Dr. Emma Perry, faculty and staff as they celebrate the winners of the 2nd Annual Pinkie Gordon Lane Poetry Contest on Friday, April 20 at 1 p.m. on the 1st floor of Southern University’s John B. Cade Library.
Poet Laureate of Louisiana, Dr. Julie Kane, will be the guest speaker of the program and WAFB Anchor, Donna Britt will present awards to each winner.
The winners of this year’s contest are:
· 1st Place: “Hidden in Technology” by Jordan Adams, a 12th grader from Caddo Magnet High School in Shreveport. (Receives an Apple iPad)
· 2nd Place: Firefly, Peach, & White China Rabbit” by Natalie Rambis, a 12th grader from Caddo Magnet High School. (Receives an Apple iPod)
· 3rd Place: “If You Ask Me” D’Anna Williams, a 10th grader, from Math, Science & Arts Academy (West) in Plaquemine. (Receives an Amazon Kindle Fire)
· 4th Place: “Daddy’s Brand New Shoes” by LaPaul C. Young, Southern University graduate student. (Receives an Amazon Kindle Touch)
Honorable mentions are four Southern University students: “When I See Momma Again” by Ashley Green, freshman; “I Am That Teacher” by Jasmine Moore, a senior; “Different Spoons” by Dariel Johnson, a freshman; and “Magic” by Chris Leach, a graduate student.
Honorable mention winners will receive a plaque.
The event is free and open to the public.