- Mission Statement
- Colleges, Schools and Departments
- Centers and Programs
- SUBR Catalogs
- Programs by CIP Code
- Documents and Forms
- Library Services
- Academic Calendars
- Online Education Programs
- Professional Licensure Disclosures
- Quality Matters Campus
- Student Complaint with the LA Board of Regents
System working with Ochsner to prepare safe return to campuses
The Southern University System is working with Ochsner Health by using Ochsner’s Safe to Return Employer Solutions to help Southern improve and maintain a healthy and safe return of employees and employees to its campuses — Southern University Baton Rouge, Southern University New Orleans, Southern University Shreveport, Southern University Law Center, Southern University Agricultural Research and Extension Center, and Southern University Laboratory School
Southern engaged Ochsner Health to conduct a comprehensive onsite assessment of all its workspaces and provide recommendations that the company is implementing as part of its Safe to Return plan. As a result of those recommendations, Southern will implement the following actions:
- Deploy signage to encourage safe social distancing practices and proper hand hygiene.
- Place hand sanitizer stations and wipes in all public areas.
- Display posters with information on COVID-19 symptoms, and how students and employees can best protect themselves.
- Mandate daily temperature checks at all campus entry points.
- Require masks in all public areas where social distancing is not feasible and provide access to necessary personal protective equipment.
- Offer a Virtual Employer Clinic, powered by TytoCare, so employees can virtually talk to a provider without leaving the office.
As part of Ochsner Safe to Return Employer Solutions, Ochsner Health will reassess the Southern campuses on a monthly basis and provide updated recommendations as needed based on scientific data and CDC recommendations.
For more information about employer solutions, call 855-542-9108 or email email@example.com.