For Organizations and Departments
The Smith-Brown Memorial Union has 800 or more events per year. The majority of these events are student and departmental events. The following guidelines must be followed when requesting and using the Smith-Brown Memorial Union.
- 1. All reservations are on a first come first served basis.
- 2. A Building Facility Request Form is required for all events, table setup etc. in the Student Center.
- 3. Building Facility Request Form must be turned in 7 days prior to event or your event will be cancelled without further notice. $50.00 No show Fee
- 4. All food events must be catered through ARAMARK Catering Service. No exceptions will be made unless you have written approval from, the Director of Campus Dining (Food Contracting/Catering). Approval letter must be attached to Building Facility Request Form. If any outside food is brought in without approval, your event will be cancelled.
- 5. When decorating for your event nothing can be glued, taped or stapled to any surface in the building.
- 6. No confetti or glitter can be used for decorating.
- 7. All decorations that are put up by your organization must be taken down the same day or night of your event.
- 8. No flyers should be taped to any doors, windows or walls. Bulletin boards are placed throughout the Union for posting of information.
Thank you in advance for adhering to the guidelines presented.