For admission to the Southern University Online MBA Program applicants must provide:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Official Transcript from every university or college attended showing all undergraduate and graduate work pursued, if any.
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA with at least 3 years of significant professional work experience without GMAT/GRE requirement.
- 2.7 – 2.99 GPA with five years of significant professional work experience without GMAT/GRE requirement.
- An official TOEFL/IELTS is also required for all international applicants except those from TOEFL-IELTS exempt countries.
- Current professional resume showing work and leadership experience.
- Three (3) letters of recommendations.
- A four-page double-spaced Career Objectives Essay/Statement of Purpose for pursuing an MBA.
- Completed Degree-seeking Application Form.
- Non-refundable $25 application fee.
Provisional Admission Status
Students with 2.7 or above GPA without the required work experience and/or whose credentials were not completed by the admissions deadline may be granted Provisional Admission status.
Conditional Admission Status
Conditional Admission status may be granted to students with lower than a 2.7 cumulative undergraduate GPA but not less than 2.5. While conditionally admitted, the applicant must maintain a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher in the required and foundation courses.
The GMAT/GRE will be waived for students who meet one of the following criteria:
- 3.0 (or higher) cumulative GPA with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- 2.7 – 2.99 cumulative GPA with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Graduate degree (MS, JD, MD, Ph.D., or D.D.S.) from a U.S. accredited university or equivalent from a foreign institution.
A maximum of 12 graduate credits earned from a regionally accredited university or college that meet the graduate credits transfer guidelines of the Graduate School may be transferred. Transfer students must have each collegiate institution attended mail an official transcript directly to the Office of Graduate School.
Transcripts should be submitted in escript form to:
Southern University Graduate School Admissions
T. H. Harris Hall, Suite 1055
Baton Rouge, LA 70813