- Academic Calendars
- 2018 Summer Finals Schedule
- Academic Affairs
- Campus Police
- Community and Consultation Response Form
- Emergency Response Plan
- Graduate School
- Human Resources
- John B. Cade Library
- Employee Development & Orientation
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- Registrar's Office
- Title III
- Title IX
- SU Statement of Non-Discrimination
The following list presents committees and responsibilities as currently written in the constitution. Each committee should review descriptions/duties and determine if changes are need. These recommendations should be forwarded to the Senate President. A date will be posted for the recommendations. Although recommendations for revisions are forthcoming, until such changes are made the committees shall function according to the constitutional provisions. Each committee chairperson should identify non-senate faculty from each College/School/Unit to complete the staffing of the respective committee.
Academic Welfare Committee
- To review and to make recommendations regarding policies that affect conditions of employment, salary, leaves, promotion, tenure, insurance, retirement, and other fringe benefits, and all other matter affecting the welfare of faculty.
- To research and report its findings on matters of academic welfare referred to it by the Senate.
- To form and maintain a file of current documents relative to tenure, leaves, retirement, and other faculty welfare matters.
- To present to the faculty seminars on faculty welfare matter and to coordinate the use of administration in the dissemination of this information.
- To include honors and awards among faculty welfare items
Sudhir Trivedi, Chair
- To secure nominations for officers or senatorial positions at the expiration of terms or when necessary, according to constitutional demands.
- A listing by colleges of eligible faculty members shall be distributed to each faculty member along with a nomination form.
- The nominations form shall contain provisions for the nominee to sign a statement attesting to his or her acceptance of the nominations and a statement relative to the voiding nominations that do not have the required signatures.
- To conduct the election of Senate officers senatorial positions.
- To publish immediately the results of elections and to the Senate on the details of elections procedures.
Anthony Igiede, Chair
Sung Chul No
- To secure form each committee and from the officers an itemized estimate of that committee's or officer's budget for the year.
- To prepare an itemized budget for the Senate, subject to Senate approval.
- To plan and coordinate procedures for the collection of dues and for the expenditure of funds.
Thomas Miller, Chair
- To samplings or surveys of faculty opinion on matter that may be of interest to the faculty, with the necessary documentation for validity of the sampling or survey.
- To conduct a survey of faculty opinion on a particular topic at the request of the Executive Committee or the Senate President.
Patrick Mensah, Chair
- To plan and carry out plans for activities of cultural or scholarly interest to the general University community.
- To plan and execute plans for a program of faculty involvement in community affairs.
- To plan and execute plans for programs of consumers, recreational, financial, or the local area.
- To plan and execute plans for social activities for the faculty.
- Involvement with Honors Day Program.
Diola Bagayoko, Chair
- To conduct continuing studies of courses, programs of study, and to make recommendations concerning desirable alterations, additions, or deletions.
- To determine and study the implications of suggested changes in courses, curricula or academic requirements for degrees and to make recommendations based on this study to the appropriate academic and administrative officers.
- To assist the Council of Deans or other appropriate administrative body in the coordination of the efforts of departments and colleges in the implements of approved changes in the curricula.
James Taylor, Chair
Faculty/ Student Liaison Committee
Peter Breaux, Chair
Archie Tiner, Jr