Transcripts will be issued within three days after requests are received. At the end of the semester however, approximately 10 days will be required to post grades and issue transcripts for students who have completed courses and want this work included on their transcripts.
A written request along with $2 in the form of a cashier's check or money order from the student. Telephone, Internet on-line, fax requests are not accepted. Written requests should be forwarded to:
P.O. Box 9454
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813.
Student Enrollment Verification Information (see Regulations Governing Student Records)
To gain access to their academic records, students must submit written requests or present student's permission except:
- To Southern University personnel who have a legitimate educational interest as determined by the University.
- To other educational institutions in which the student seeks to enroll (the student may obtain a copy of the record that was transferred);
- To public agencies as specified in the Act;
- To agencies and offices requesting records in connection with a student's application for financial aid;
- To organizations for use in developing, validating, or administering standardized tests, administering student aid programs, and improving instruction;
- To accrediting agencies;
- To parents of students who are dependents for income tax purposes;
- To appropriate persons in the case of health and safety emergencies, and
- To courts of law in response to court orders of subpoenas.
Requests for access to educational records by any person other than those listed above in the section of "Regulations Governing Student Records" shall be refused. unless the student has submitted a written, dated, and signed waiver to allow access to records. The waiver must specify the records to be released, the reasons for such release, and names of the persons to whom records should be released.
Business Contact Information
The Office of Enrollment Service is located on th 1st Floor of T.H. Harris Hall, P.O. Box 9454, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813. Phone: (225) 771-JAGS; Fax: (225) 771-5064
**With the Exception of State authorized holiday closing, and other university approved closures**