Registering for Courses at SUBR
Jaguars, it is important to register for classes early for the subsequent semester(s) (fall, summer, spring) to get the best selection. Once you have met with your University College, Faculty, Athletic or Honors College Advisor, you can view and/or select courses via Self-Service Banner.
- Students with 0-30 credits will notice a "University College" Registration Hold. This hold only prohibits students from registering and/or adjusting courses on their own. Students are required to consult with their advisor and provide CRN numbers for the respective courses that align with the students major/concentration.
- Students who have earned 31+ hours are eligible to add courses via self-service banner, on their own, but are highly encouraged to meet with their respective Faculty Advisor within their academic college.
- In the event students are reviewing subject offerings via Self-Service Banner and the desired course has a "C" this indicates that the course has reached seating capacity and a student must request an "override", from the instructor or representaive of the department, appointed by the Dean, to receive permission to enter the course.
- Transfer students should have all courses articulated and processed via the Registrar prior to making a course schedule.
- Students who have earned Dual Enrollment courses, should provide an official transcript from the respective college.
- All students should review their unoffical transcript and ensure they have successfully completed all courses with a "C" or better.
- Undergraduate students in good academic standing are qualified to take up to 18 credit hours. #15ToFinishIn4. Students who are on Academic Probation are limited to 13 credits per regular semester.
After You Have Registered, You MUST Complete Enrollment!
- It is imperative that all students "handle their business" after registering for courses. This means that students should pay their tuition and fees by the deadline. A copy of the class schedule and estimate of tuition and fees can be obtained from Self-Service Banner.
- Attend classes on the very first day! Students who do not attend class will receive a no show (NS) and this can affect students receiving financial aid refund.
- Review your "sus" email to receive your access codes for all textbooks. Textbooks and other material are included in your fees, unless the student "opts out." Please contact our on campus SUBR Bookstore for more information.
I Am Unable To Register. Why?
There are many reasons a student may be unable to register for courses. A few have been provided below:
- University College Registration Hold- Indicates a student is below 30 credit hours and must connect with a UC Advisor.
- Academic Standing- Indicates that a student may be on Acaemic Suspension and should complete an Academic Appeal immediatley. Ohter students who do not meet the minimum overall GPA, Completion Rate, and/or Maximum Timeframe must complete a SAP Appeal.
- Away Too Long- Students who have departed the university and wish to return after more than 3 semesters, must complete a Readmit Application.
- Applying for the Wrong Semester- First year students mistakenly apply for the wrong semester. If so, please contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Outstanding Balance- Continuing students with outstanding balances must connect with the Cashiers or Bursars Office and make arrangements to clear all oustanding balances via debit/credit card or cash.
- COMPLETE your FAFSA
- CONNECT with an Advisor
- ACCEPT and PAY your tuition, fees, terms and conditions
- ACCEPT your financial responsibility; and
- COMPLETE Enrollment, early, for a chance to WIN one of the following registration incentives:
-Bookstore Voucher, VISA Gift Card to assist with college needs; or IPAD