This website uses cookies to ensure site visitors get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies and Privacy Statement. To find out more, please visit Southern University's Privacy Statement.

I agree

Registration Information

Summer/Fall 2024 
April 1-5


Stewart Hall Auditorium
8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Except April 4*)

*April 4, Hours: 1-4:30 p.m.

Students with 0-60 Credit Hours
Band Students
Honors College Students
Veterans and Dependents 


Beginning April 8

All Upperclassmen


Registering for Courses at SUBR

Registration Video

Jaguars, it is important to register for classes early for the subsequent semester(s) (fall, summer, spring) to get the best selection. Once you have met with your University College, faculty, athletic or Honors College advisor, you can view and/or select courses via Self-Service Banner

  • Students with 0-60 credits will notice a "University College" Registration Hold. This hold only prohibits students from registering and/or adjusting courses independently. Students are required to consult with their advisor and provide CRN numbers for the respective courses that align with the student's major/concentration. 
  • Students who have earned 31+ hours are eligible to add courses via Self-Service Banner on their own but are highly encouraged to meet with their respective faculty advisor within their academic college. 
  • In the event that students are reviewing subject offerings via Self-Service Banner and the desired course has a "C," this indicates that the course has reached seating capacity and a student must request an "override", from the instructor or representative of the department, appointed by the dean, to receive permission to enter the course. 
  • Transfer students should have all courses articulated and processed via the Registrar prior to making a course schedule. 
  • Students who have earned Dual Enrollment courses should provide an official transcript from the respective college. 
  • All students should review their unofficial transcript and ensure they have successfully completed all courses with a "C" or better.
  • Undergraduate students in good academic standing are qualified to take up to 18 credit hours. #15ToFinishIn4. Students who are on Academic Probation are limited to 13 credits per regular semester.

After You Have Registered, You MUST Complete Enrollment!

  • It is imperative that all students "handle their business" after registering for courses. This means that students should pay their tuition and fees by the deadline. A copy of the class schedule and estimate of tuition and fees can be obtained from Self-Service Banner
  • Attend classes on the very first day! Students who do not attend class will receive a no-show (NS) and this can affect students receiving financial aid refunds. 
  • Review your "SUS" email to receive your access codes for all textbooks. Textbooks and other materials are included in your fees unless the student "opts out." Please contact our on-campus SUBR Bookstore for more information. 
I Am Unable To Register. Why?

There are many reasons a student may be unable to register for courses. A few have been provided below: 

  • University College Registration Hold- Indicates a student is below 30 credit hours and must connect with a UC Advisor.
  • Academic Standing- Indicates that a student may be on Academic Suspension and should complete an Academic Appeal immediately. Other students who do not meet the minimum overall GPA, Completion Rate, and/or Maximum time frame must complete a SAP Appeal
  • Away Too Long- Students who have departed the university and wish to return after more than 3 semesters must complete a Readmit Application.
  • Applying for the Wrong Semester- First-year students mistakenly apply for the wrong semester. If so, please contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment
  • Outstanding Balance- Continuing students with outstanding balances must connect with the Cashier's or Bursar's Office and make arrangements to clear all outstanding balances via debit/credit card or cash.