The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) mission is to provide opportunities for a diverse student population to achieve a high-quality educational experience, to engage in scholarly research, creative activities and meaningful public service to the community, the state, the nation, and global environment.
- Maintain an academic community that values and supports undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning, both in and outside of the classroom.
- Value and promote scholarship as a regular activity of academic life by encouraging scholarly activity.
- Foster contacts with the community that increases and strengthens collaboration on projects of mutual interest.
- Enhance learning opportunities situated in the community, such as internships, problem-based learning contexts, and community service-learning compacts with alumni, local business, and government agencies.
- Attract students with a diversity of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds. We will develop discipline-based linkages with community colleges and K-12 schools.
- Engage in an active development effort of grant writing.