SU Mission & Vision Statement
The mission of Southern University and A&M College, a historically black, 1890 land grant institution, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is to provide a student-focused teaching and learning environment that creates global leadership opportunities for a diverse student population where teaching, research, service, scholarly and creative expectations for students and faculty are achieved through the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs offered at the institution via different instructional modalities and via public service.
To provide access and opportunity to students and matriculate graduates who are equipped to excel in the 21st century, knowledgebased, global economy.
- Academic Excellence
- Research and Scholarship
- Commitment to Student Access and Affordability
- Commitment to Academic Excellence and Student Success
- Commitment to Institutional Effectiveness and Accountability
- Commitment to Scholarly Research, Discovery, and Entrepreneurship
- Commitment to Fundraising and Philanthropic Support
- Commitment to Improve Campus Life through Infrastructural Development
- Commitment to Promote the SUBR Brand through Outreach and Global Engagement
- Commitment to Enhance Campus Technology
- Commitment to Invest in Human Capital and Strengthen Human Resources Operations
- Commitment to Quality Customer Service