Mission: Working together to support the goals and aspirations of the prestigious Southern University School of Nursing (SUSON) by lending the gifts, talents and knowledge of the alumni, to enhance the outcomes, processes, and experiences of nursing students while increasing the community’s awareness of the role of the nursing profession.
Purpose: To provide opportunities for students and alumni to network and exchange mutual personal and professional support, enhance the status of the SUSON within the university and community, increase student recruitment, and successful navigation through the nursing program by enhancing visibility and financial support.
- To provide a resource of funds to SUSON for improvements and enhancements throughout the school of nursing.
- To foster the social and educational interests of alumni members.
- To foster communication among alumni, students, and faculty.
- To encourage involvement in professional nursing organizations.
- To maintain alumni interest in SUSON, and promote loyalty of its alumni.
- To support recruitment, and successful progression in the program of SUSON, and sustain its mission and related activities.
- To initiate and implement projects and programs that encourage professional relationships among members, socio-civic activities, and promote goodwill toward the health profession, the community, and humanity.
- To pay for attendance and travel to state and national leadership conferences for undergraduate and graduate SUSON nursing students
- To provide support for annual events such as, Pinning Ceremony, Assembly, graduation, etc.
- To provide support for on campus organizations like SNA
- To sponsor students for Sigma Theta Tau
- To award scholarships to undergraduate and graduate SUSON students
To become a member of the SUSON Alumni Association or to make a contribution to the SUSON Alumni Scholarship Fund, please click here.
NOTE: Membership in the Southern University Alumni Federation (SUAF) is a pre-requisite for active membership in the SUSON Alumni Association. To join or renew your SUAF membership, please click here.