Dear Prospective Student:
We appreciate your interest in Southern University School of Nursing (SUSON).
We currently offer three degrees in nursing:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Doctoral degree in Nursing (PhD)
- University Admission Procedures
- To receive an application, call the Office of Admissions at 225-771-2430 or go online to www.subr.edu.
- Have all your official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions at Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA 70813
- General Information
- Official transcript evaluations are done by the Admissions Office after you have been admitted.
University Admission Procedures
To receive an application, call the Office of the Graduate School at 225-771-5390 or go online to Graduate Admissions
Minimum requirements for admission to the Graduate School at Southern University include the following:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.7 on all undergraduate work, or 3.0 on all graduate work completed, based on a 4.0 scale.
- Official Transcript(s): [For Doctoral Students - transcripts showing all graduate work pursued. If you are applying for a doctoral program that accepts students with a bachelor's degree, then you must provide official transcript(s) lf all your undergraduate work]; [For Master's Students - transcripts showing all undergraduate work (and graduate work pursued, if any). APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT TRANSCRIPTS.
- Acceptable scores on a general test of the Graduate Record Examination. Although the Graduate School does not have a minimum score, individual programs may require a minimum score for admission. Individuals who have already earned a graduate degree and return for a second degree must present new GRE Scores if previous scores are more than seven years old.
- Three letters of recommendation sent directly to the Director of Admissions.
• A Statement of Purpose.
For additional information, please contact:
- School of Nursing (225) 771-3266
- Undergraduate Program (225) 771-2653
- Graduate Programs (225) 771-2663