- Apply for Admissions
- Admissions Document Upload
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- International Student Admissions Requirements
- International Student Visa Requirements
- Out of State Fee Waiver
- Honors Admissions
- Freshman Academy
- Transfer Student Admissions
- Adult Student Admissions
- Graduate Student Admissions
- Pre-College and Outreach Programs
- Residency Requirements
- Campus Tours
- Jaguar Preview
- Resources for Alumni Recruitment
Establishing Southern University Residency Status for Tuition Purposes
Persons applying for "resident" designation must provide to the office or certifying officer, all of the documentation required for establishing his/her eligibility for certification in at least one of the following categories on or before the deadline stated herein for the semester he/she intends to enroll.
- Spouse of Louisiana Resident
- Louisiana Resident by Virtue of Employment within the State
- Military personnel stationed in Louisiana and their dependents
Certification Guidelines for Non-Resident Fee Exemptions: Undergraduate Students
Applications for reclassification to resident status must be filed by the 14th calendar day after classes begin to allow changes to be reflected on the fee bill. Applicants filing immediately prior to registration or up to the 14 days must be prepared to pay the non-resident fee and wait to be refunded if the application is approved.
Non-Resident fee waiver for sons and daughters of Southern University and A&M College Alumni must also complete the application for reclassification.