- About Us
- Employer Services
- Student Services
- Walmart Site Tour Feb. 26th, 2021
- JC Penney Suit-Up Event
- Fall Career Fair-Sept. 16, 2020
- Big Interview- Practice Your Skills
- Interview Stream Prep
- Sample Documents
- Report Your Job Offer
- 4-Year Career Plan
- Information Session Request
- Dress for Success
- Business & Industry Cluster
- Career Guide
- Career Services Videos
- Alumni/SU Connect
- TRUE BLUE
- Useful Links
Career Clothes Closet
Career Clothes Closet (CCC)
Open: Fridays Only
12:00pm - 2:00pm
What is the Career Clothes Closet?
The Career Clothes Closet will help our students in looking their best in the professional world. As a student, it may be hard to attain funds to purchase appropriate interviewing attire. Therefore, the Office of Career Services has implemented a program called the "Career Clothes Closet" that will ensure students a start in their future endeavors. We will provide students with "new or gently used" clothing donated by alumnus and other Baton Rouge professionals". Students are not required to return the clothing; it is for keeps for the benefit of their future
In order to participate in this program, students must:
- Bring a current SU I.D, unofficial transcript and complete an application of request.
- Bring an updated resume for critiquing by one of the career counselors.
- Schedule a mock interview with our mentors/professionals/counselors.
- Attend two information sessions or two events sponsored by the Office of Career Services.
After requirements are met, the student may choose their business attire of choice for the interviewing experience. For more information on the Career Clothes Closet, call us at (225) 771-2200. All questions concerning the Career Clothes Closet should be directed to Mrs. Tamara Foster-Montgomery or Ms. Kathy Scott.
Donations are solicited from alumnus, business professionals, faculty, staff and students. Appropriate donation items include...
- Men's business suits (black, navy or gray)
- Women's business suits (black, navy or gray)
- Button-up business professional shirts for men and professional suit appropriate blouses for women
- Professional slacks for men and women
- Conservative ties
All donated attire MUST be...
- Appropriately cleaned
- Placed on hangers
Delivered to the Career Services Center Shipping Address
E.C. Harrison Drive
T.H. Harris Hall, Suite 1100
Baton Rouge, LA 70813