Admission and Degree Requirements
Students are admitted to the mass communication program only after they have satisfied all of the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Completion of SENL 101 and SENL 102 with a grade of at least “C” or better
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours
- Passing university writing proficiency
To be retained as a major in mass communication, students must:
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.25.
- Students must pass News Writing, MCOM 211B, with at least a “C” before they will be permitted to take any upper-level courses in mass communication. Students must pass all mass communication courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Students must take all three foreign languages in the same sequence with the exception of Turkish, Swahili, and/or Arabic--those languages currently only offer two courses in their sequence. Therefore, in that case, a third language of your choice can be taken.