Working with Facility Services

Working with Office of Facility Services

Each college or department is encouraged to assign a department coordinator to act as the primary liaison with OFS. Anyone from your college or department can be identified as a coordinator, and you may have more than one coordinator. In addition, we encourage each building on campus to be assigned a building coordinator to work with Facility Services staff directly to resolve facility-related issues.

In some cases the coordinator processes departmental work requests, initiates requests for routine maintenance, monitors the status of requested work, and facilitates activities such as planned utility outages. He or she should be trained to use our online work request system and briefed on how to work with Facility Services in the most efficient and effective manner.

How to Request Service

Non-emergency Requests

Use our Online Work Request Form for nonemergency services such as a squeaky door, a dripping faucet, or a nonworking light.

Emergency Requests

During business hours-Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.-call the WCC at 771-4751 for emergency services such as a burning odor, an exterior door that will not lock and is unsecure, or a water leak.

After hours: Call Campus Police at 771-2770 or 911 for medical or fire emergencies

Call 771-4743 for emergency building or grounds problems not requiring fire/medical/police assistance.

This website uses cookies to ensure site visitors get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies and Privacy Statement. To find out more, please visit Southern University's Privacy Statement.

I agree