PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the Electronics Engineering Technology program are to produce graduates who will be expected:
- To be educated in the design, installation and application of electrical and electronic systems as Engineering Technologists.
- To be trained in the operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems.
- Are To be prepared for lifelong learning and successful professional careers.
- To have developed oral and written communication skills that allows them to present information effectively.
- To have an understanding of professional, ethical, and societal responsibilities
- To be engaged in meaningful public service and are successful practitioners of Electronics Engineering Technology.
Students who qualify for a electronics engineering technology degree from Southern University and A&M College will have accomplished the following:
- an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of their disciplines
- an ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology
- an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments, and apply experimental results to improve processes
- an ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to program educational objectives
- an ability to function effectively on teams
- an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- an ability to communicate effectively
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- an ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- a respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues.
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement