The Child Welfare Title IV-E Program OCS/University Partnership
The Office of Community Services shall provide for the public child welfare functions of the state, including but not limited to child protective services; making permanent plans for foster children and meeting their daily maintenance needs of food, shelter, clothing, medical services, school supplies, and incidental personal needs; and adoption placement services for foster children available for adoption.
The Title IV-E OCS/University Partnership is a collaborative project between universities and the Louisiana Office of Community Services.
The project's goals are:
- graduate students prepared in competent child welfare practice;
- attract and retain potential employees in public child welfare;
- educate and retain competent OCS employees;
- focus on services for multi-problem families;
- philosophy of family focused and child centered intervention; and
- promote collaborative efforts between Louisiana's universities schools and departments of social work and OCS.
TItle IV-E Links
|Child Welfare Stipend Award|
|Child Welfare Resources/Links|