- SUBR Catalogs
- Re-Admit Students
- Cross Registration
- Residency Requirements
- Commencement Information
- Transcript Request
- Rights, Duties and Responsibilities of Students
- Academic Clemency
- Auditing a Course
- Class Attendance
- Course Load
- Student Conduct
- Student Records
- System of Grading
- Withdrawal from the University
Students desiring to transfer from Regionally Accredited colleges and universities to Southern University with less than 18 semester hours of course work must meet the same requirements as the first time freshman. Students with 18 hours or more must have a GPA of 2.0 (based on 4.0) on all transfer work.
Transfer students who have earned 18 or more college-level credit hours must:
- Have a minimum cumulative college level GPA of 2.0 and have completed a college-level English and a college-level Mathematics course designed to fulfill general education requirements.
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are transferring
- Have earned credit for college level Math and English
- Submit an official transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges that have been attended.
- Submit a copy of your immunization record.
- Submit a Transfer Reference Sheet that is to be completed by the Dean of Student Affairs.
International Transfer Students
Transfer international students must have sufficient knowledge of the English language to benefit from a program of study. All undergraduates whose first language is not English must take the test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL).
All International applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A score of 500 or above on the TOEFL (submit original)
- 173 Computer Base-Exam
- 61 Internet Base-Exam
- Minimum IELTS Band Score 5.0
- Official High School Transcript
- Official/Original West African Examination Scores for students of West Africa
- Current NOTARIZED Affidavit of Financial Support (Original)
- Copy of Immunization Form
- Copy of your resident card
- Letter of Good Conduct