The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) supports Southern University and A&M College by working with its stakeholders within and beyond the campus to enhance teaching and learning, support research and collaborations, facilitate outreach, and foster strategic partnerships the community at large.
In support of this mission, we strive to:
- Work with the university community to identify and deliver quality service and solutions that meet the information technology needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Provide leadership and planning for the effective and informed use of technology and the thoughtful exploration of emerging technologies.
- Exceed customer expectations through our professionalism, courtesy, consistency, and commitment to excellence.
Goals and Objectives
The focus of DoIT is to:
- Provide the University community with a comprehensive, effective, stable, and up-to-date administrative ERP system,
- Champion emerging technologies that support the overall college mission,
- Provide the tools and support for state-of-the-art online learning
- Maintain a secure, efficient and stable campus wide network,
- Manage and support a state of the art telecommunications system,
- Install and maintain PCs and related equipment,
- Provide faculty instructional support,
- Install and operate the student computer labs and smart classrooms,
- Assist offices and departments in their hardware and software needs, and
- Assist students in accessing technology resources.