Intramural and Recreation Sports
Horace W. Moody Intramural Sports Complex
Accessibility and Accommodations
Facilities operated by Southern Universities Intramural Sports, Fitness and Wellness are in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. We as staff members are highly motivated to assist and provide assistance when needed. To enjoy the benefit of our facilities and each individual achieve their personal fitness and wellness goals is our sole desire.
Gym, Fitness, Weight Area Rules:
- Appropriate athletic attire must be worn in the Fitness, Cardio and area at all times.
- Appropriate attire is defined by T-Shirt or Tank Tops that covers the torso to include the mid area and rib cage, pants or shorts made breathable fabric and athletic shoes that cover the foot completely.
- Clothing with exposed buttons, zippers, rivets or other metal parts is not permitted in the fitness area.
- Food, Gum, Tobacco products or Open Beverage containers are prohibited.
- Only twist top or Water bottle containers are permitted
- Please Re-Rack weights in proper place when usage is complete.
- Dropping or Slamming weights is prohibited.
- Free weights, such as Dumbbells and Weight Plates, must always stay in the weight room. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Please wipe down equipment after usage- NO EXCEPTIONS
- Please ask the Weight Room Staff if you need assistance to use particular equipment.
- Use of a Spotter and Collar on bars is strongly recommended.
- Please Do Not place personal items on or around the desk area or exercise areas.
- Please reframe from any Inappropriate Language or Physical Confrontation.
- Children 13 years age and under Are Not permitted in the Cardio, Weight, Fitness and/or Circuit Room.
- Report any Damaged Equipment, Accidents, or Misconduct to the Facilities Staff.
- Only SU Intramural Sports Complex Trainers are allowed to train members/clients. For more information, see fitness coordinator.