- SUBR Catalogs
- Re-Admit Students
- Cross Registration
- Residency Requirements
- Commencement Information
- Commencement Participation Policy
- Transcript Request
- Rights, Duties & Responsibilities of Students
- Academic Clemency
- Auditing a Course
- Class Attendance
- Course Load
- Student Conduct
- Student Records
- System of Grading
- Withdrawal from the University
- Student Help Ticket
Final grades for each semester are officially recorded and filed in the Office of the Registrar. Grade reports are submitted to students, parents or guardians, and deans at the end of each semester.
Students may obtain certified statements of their academic records from the Office of the Registrar upon written request.
Transcripts will be issued within two days after requests are received. At the end of the semester, however, approximately 10 days will be required to post grades and issue transcripts for students who have completed courses and wish this work included on their transcripts.
The first transcript is furnished without charge. A written request, along with $2 in the form of a cashier's check or money order from the student must be submitted for each additional transcript.
Transcripts cannot be released until all indebtedness to the University is paid in full.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING STUDENT RECORDS
Campuses comprising the Southern University System shall comply fully with regulations of Section 438, Privacy Rights of Parents and Students, of the General Education Provisions Act, which ensures students access to their educational records maintained by the University, and which prohibits the release of personally identifiable information except as specified by the law. Each chancellor shall inform students of the rights accorded them by law.
To gain access to their academic records, students must submit written requests or present themselves to the Office of the Registrar.
Personally identifiable information from educational records cannot be released without the student's permission except:
- To Southern University personnel who have a legitimate educational interest as determined by the University;
- To other educational institutions in which the student seeks to enroll (the student may obtain a copy of the record that was transferred);
- To public agencies as specified in the Act;
- To agencies and offices requesting records in connection with a student's application for financial aid;
- To organizations for use in developing, validating, or administering standardized tests, administering student aid programs, and improving instruction;
- To accrediting agencies;
- To parents of students who are dependents for income tax purposes;
- To appropriate persons in the case of health and safety emergencies, and
- To courts of law in response to court orders or subpoenas.
Policies governing disciplinary procedures of the University are included in the Code of Student Conduct manual, available in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
Requests for access to educational records by any person other than those listed above in the section of "Regulations Governing Student Records" shall be refused unless the student has submitted a written, dated, and signed waiver to allow access to the records. The waiver must specify the records to be released, the reasons for such release, and names of the persons to whom records should be released.
Business Contact Information
The Office of the Registrar is located on the 1st Floor of T.H. Harris Hall, P.O. Box 9454, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813. Phone: (225) 771-5050; Fax: (225) 771-5064