- SUBR Catalogs
- Re-Admit Students
- Cross Registration
- Residency Requirements
- Commencement Information
- Commencement Participation Policy
- Transcript Request
- Rights, Duties & Responsibilities of Students
- Academic Clemency
- Auditing a Course
- Class Attendance
- Course Load
- Student Conduct
- Student Records
- System of Grading
- Withdrawal from the University
Withdrawl from the University
Students who must discontinue enrollment prior to the end of a semester or summer term, must complete a withdrawal form obtained from and have it validated by the Office of the Registrar. Grading will be done on the following basis:
- When students withdraw on or before the 14th class day of any semester or on or before the seventh class day during a summer session, they will not receive any grades.
- When students withdraw between the 14th class day of any semester or the 7th day during a summer session and the last two calendar weeks prior to the first day of final examinations or the last calendar week prior to the first day of final examinations respectively, they will receive a grade of "W." Total hours withdrawn will be considered hours attempted but not earned, and may affect financial aid eligibility.
- Students who fail to officially withdraw from the university will receive a grade of "F" in all courses. Further, they will forfeit their right to a statement of honorable dismissal, thereby jeopardizing their reentrance into the University or their transfer to another accredited institution.
- Withdrawal from the University cannot be completed via the telephone or internet. In order to withdraw from the University, the student must complete the process in person through the Registrar's Office.
In case students leave the university without officially withdrawing through the Office of the Registrar and have documented extenuating circumstances (such as, but not limited to, serious illness or military deployment), then they may request in writing an administrative withdrawal. Their request, with documentation, should come to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, who, if he/she approves the request, will submit a signed withdrawal form and documentation to the Office of the Registrar.
Business Contact Information
The Office of the Registrar is located on the 1st Floor of T.H. Harris Hall, P.O. Box 9454, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813. Phone: (225) 771-5050; Fax: (225) 771-5064