SUTV75 - Southern University Television
In conjunction with Southern University's mission to prepare leaders and professional for the community and the workforce, Southern University Television(SUTV) serves as a positive alternative to traditional broadcast and cable programming for information, culture and entertainment.
SUTV's mission is to provide quality and informative programming tailored specifically for the student attending Southern University.
Programming includes university, local, national and international events, documentaries and movies.
Procedures and Operation
- An Advisory Committee will be established consisting of representatives from Technology and Network Services, Mass Communication, Chancellors Office, Student Media and the General/Station Manager.
- The function of the Advisory Committee is to ensure the station operates effectively, provide administrative and technical guidance to students and serve as a liaison to the administration.
- he committee is also responsible for insuring that all federal, state, local and university guidelines, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- The committee will initially meet as needed until implementation is complete, regular meetings will be held monthly.
- The Advisory Committee will establish and advise the Southern University Media Organization(SUMO) to facilitate student involved in the operation of the station.
- To occupy any SUTV position students must be an active member of SUMO to receive the appropriate training.
- SUMO will be modeled after an existing student organization at Clark-Atlanta University called Drop Frame Productions.
- The number of positions filled by hard working responsible students will determine the quantity and quality of programming produced each semester.
The following describes the positions required for a completely staffed production.
- General Manager/Station Manager (preferably a university employee)
- Program Director (preferably a graduate student)
- Public Relations Director
- Master Control Operator
- News Director
- Camera Operator
- Technical Operations Director