- Asst. Vice President for Online Services
- Interim Executive Vice Chancellor
- Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administration
- Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Asst. Vice Chancellor for Student Success
- Vice Chancellor for Research & Strategic Initiatives
- SUBR Strategic Plan
- SU Statement of Non-Discrimination
Tuition Increase Hardship Waiver Policy and Guidelines
Tuition Increase Policy
The Hardship Waiver includes the academic excellence fee in the amount of $120.00 per semester and the operational fee of $62.00 per semester as allowed under LRS 17:1855.1 and LRS 17:3351 (d) (ii)17:3351(a)(5)(e), respectively and the building use fee of $48.00 and the university support fee $217.00 (undergraduates) and $250.00 (graduate students).
The waiver shall not exceed four hundred forty-seven dollars ($447.00) per semester for undergraduate students and four hundred eighty dollars ($480.00) for graduate students.
Prior to imposing any increase or increases in tuition or mandatory attendance fee amount, or both, established pursuant to the provisions of this subparagraph, each management board shall establish criteria for waivers of such increase or increases in cases of financial hardship. Information about such waivers and the criteria and procedures for obtaining a waiver shall be made available to all prospective students affected by the increase or increases in a timely manner such that the prospective student can be aware of the increase or increases and the availability of waivers thereto prior to the student having to make any final decision concerning attendance at the college or university. This is a one-time waiver for Fall 2020 and/or Spring 2021 semesters and will expire on May 14, 2021.
Students eligible to apply must:
- Be a Louisiana resident.
- Have full - time enrollment status.
- Apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) and have requested all types of available federal assistance.
- Have a valid FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office reflecting an annual Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of zero (0) for the current academic period.
- Have accepted all types of financial aid offered.
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress policy standards for receipt of federal financial aid.
- Not be the recipient of another form of fee exemption or waiver. Examples: National Guard, Title 29, Title 33, Faculty/Staff, etc.
- Not have tuition paid by another state or external agency or scholarship program. Examples: Vocational Rehabilitation, ROTC Scholarship, TOPS, etc.
NOTE: If additional aid is received after the waiver is granted, the waiver will be cancelled.
Guidelines for Waiver
Southern University at Baton Rouge offers waivers to Louisiana resident students who demonstrate financial hardship caused by the increase in tuition and/or fees effective Fall 2020 semester. Procedures have been established to provide waivers to eligible students in the amount of increased tuition and/or fees. Any student who wishes to apply for the waiver during the 2020 - 2021 academic year must complete a Tuition Hardship Waiver Request Form, which will be submitted to the Office of Finance and Administration.
The Tuition Increase Hardship Request Form is attached to this policy.
Students must complete and submit a Tuition Increase Hardship Waiver form to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration by the close of business on February 12, 2021 for Spring 2021.