For Organizations and Departments
The Smith-Brown Memorial Union has over 800 events per year. The majority of these events are student and departmental events. The following guidelines must be followed when requesting and using the Smith-Brown Memorial Union.
- All reservations are on a first-come first-served basis.
- A Building Facility Request Form is required for all events, table setup, etc. in the Student Union.
- Building Facility Request Form must be turned in seven days prior to the event. Requests not received seven days prior to the event will be denied. Non-Cancellation and No Show events will be assessed an additional $50.00.
- All food events must be catered through ARAMARK Catering Service. No exceptions will be made unless you have written approval from, the Director of Campus Dining (Food Contracting/Catering). The approval letter must be attached to the Building Facility Request Form. If any outside food is brought in without approval, your event will be canceled.
- When decorating for your events items may not be placed or hung on any walls, doors, painted, or glass surfaces in the building.
- No confetti or glitter may be used for decorating.
- All decorations that are used by your organization must be removed at the end of your event.
- No flyers shall be taped to any doors, windows or walls. Bulletin boards are placed throughout the Union for posting of information.
Thank you in advance for adhering to the guidelines presented.