Role of Student Advocate
- Act as liaison between individuals or group and the campus administration by serving as a consultant, facilitator, and informal mediator. Recommend steps toward problem resolution and appropriate action.
- Consults with campus departments and academic units to understand and resolve complex problems through informal discussions; develops cooperative strategies to prevent future problems.
- Develops and maintain ongoing relationships with campus constituencies to promote the value and process of conflict resolution.
- As the Student Advocate/Ombudsman discuss your concerns and help, clarify the most important issues to you.
- As the Student Advocate/ Ombudsman help identify and evaluate and brainstorm options with respect to academic and non-academic issues you may be subject to.
- Explain University regulations and policies in easy to understand terms, and offer referrals to the other campus resources if needed.
- Serve as a neutral party to help solve problems and resolve conflicts and work to achieve fair outcomes by using mediation.