Dr. Congyan Zhang
Office: E113, Thurman Hall
- Refractory multicomponent alloy design and validation
- High performance computation algorithm
- Ab initio molecular dynamics method and code development
- High temperature superconductor development: basic mechanism and real materials synthesis & characterization
- High entropy alloy design, synthesis, property study and validation
- High pressure synchrotron radiation XRD, EXAFS, and XANES nano material study
- Semiconductor material properties and devices
- Ph. D. in Physics & Astronomy, University of Louisville, 2018
- M. S. in Physics & Astronomy, University of Louisville, 2015
- M.S. in Condensed Matter Physics, Shanghai University, 2013
- B. S. in Condensed Matter Physics, Northern University of China, 2010
Research and Professional Experience
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Southern University, 2019 -- present
- Teaching Assistant, University of Louisville, 2013--2018
- C. Y. Zhang, U. Bhandari, J. Lei, C. Zeng, S. Guo, H. Choi, S. Nam, J. Yan, S. Yang, and F. Gao, Carbon Doped MoNbTaW under high temperature and high pressure, Crystals crystals-1187285 2021.
- C. Y. Zhang, B. Yue, U. Bhandari, O. N. Starovoytov, Y. Yang, D. P. Young, J. Yan, F. Hong, and S. Yang, In situ study on the compression deformation of MoNbTaVW high-entropy alloy, J. Alloys Compd. 2021, 871, 159557.
- U. Bhandari, M. R. Rafi, C. Y. Zhang, and S. Yang, Yield strength prediction of high-entropy alloys using machine learning, Mater. Today Commun. 2021, 26, 101871.
- M. R. K. Musa, C. Y. Zhang, M. Rajapakse, J. B. Jasinski, G. Sumanasekera, and M. Yu, Li interaction-induced phase transition from black to blue phosphorene, Phys. Rev. Mater. 2021, 5(2), 024007.
- U. Bhandari, C. Y. Zhang, C. Zeng, S. Guo, A. Adhikari, and S. Yang, Deep Learning-Based Hardness Prediction of Novel Refractory High-Entropy Alloys with Experimental Validation, Crystals 2021, 11 (1), 46.
- C. Y. Zhang, U. Bhandari, C. Zeng, H. Ding, S. Guo, J. Yan, and S. Yang, Carbide formation in refractory Mo15Nb20Re15Ta30W20 alloy under a combined high-pressure and high-temperature condition, Entropy 2020, 22, 718.
- U. Bhandari, C. Y. Zhang, and S. Yang, Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Low-Density Al20+xCr20-x Mo20-yTi20V20+y Alloys, Crystals 2020,10 (4), 278.
- M. R. K. Musa, C. Y. Zhang, A. B. A. Alruqui, R. Zhao, J. B. Jasinski, G. Sumanasekera, and M. Yu, Insight the process of hydrazine gas adsorption on layered WS2: a first principle study, Nanotechnology 2020, 31(49), 495703.
- Q. Zhang, C. Y. Zhang, Z. D. Hood, M. Chi, C. Liang, N. H. Jalarvo, M. Yu, and H. Wang, Abnormally Low Activation Energy in Cubic Na3SbS4 Superionic Conductors, Chem. Mater. 2020, 32(6), 2264-2271.
- U. Bhandari, C. Y. Zhang, S. Guo and S. Yang, First-principles study on the mechanical and thermodynamic properties of MoNbTaTiW, Int. J. Miner. Metall. Mater. 2020, 27, 1398-1404.
- U. Bhandari, C. Y. Zhang, C. Zeng, S. Guo and S. Yang, Computational and experimental investigation of refractory high entropy alloy Mo15Nb20Re15Ta30W20, J. Mater. Res. Technol. 2020, 9, 8929-8936.
- M. Rajapakse, G. Anderson, C. Y. Zhang, R. Musa, J. Walter, M. Yu, G. Sumanasekera, and J. B. Jasinski, Gas adsorption and light interaction mechanism in phosphorene-based field-effect transistors, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2020, 22, 5949-5958.
- A. Alruqi, M. R. K. Musa, R. Zhao, C. Y. Zhang, J. B. Jasinski, M. Yu, and G. Sumanasekera, Layer-Dependent Hydrazine Adsorption Properties in Few-Layer WS2, J. Phys. Chem. C. 2019, 123, 13167-13173.
- M. Akhtar, C. Y. Zhang, M. Rajapaksa, R. Musa, M. Yu, G. Sumanasekera, and J. Jasinski, Bilayer Phosphorene Under High Pressure: In Situ Raman Spectroscopy. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2019, 21, 7298-7304.
- M. Yu, C. Y. Zhang, S. A. R. Alharbi, A. Zeng, K. Zeng and E. Liu, Anisotropic and nonlinear mechanical properties in two-dimensional nanomaterials. Advanced Materials Letters 2019, 10(12),880-886.
- C. Y. Zhang, M. Yu, Theoretical prediction of sandwiched two-dimensional phosphide binary compounds sheets with tunable bandgaps and anisotropic physical properties, Nanotechnology 2018, 29, 095703.
- C. Y. Zhang, M. Yu, G. Anderson, R. R. Dharmasena, and G. Sumanasekera, Prospects of Phosphorene as an Anode Material for High Performance Lithium-Ion Battery: a Fundamental Study, Nanotechnology 2017, 28, 075401.
- C. Y. Zhang, Z. H. Xin, M. Yu, C. S. Jayanthi, S. Y. Wu, Shedding light on the self-assembly of stable SiC based cage nanostructures: A comprehensive molecular dynamics study, Computational Materials Science 2014, 84 49-62.