Dr. Feng Gao
Office: 239, James Hall
- High Pressure/Temperature Study of High Entropy Alloys
- Non-Precious-Metal and/or Metal-Free Carbon Nanomaterials as Efficient Catalysts for Fuel Cells
- Experiments & First-Principles Simulation on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
- Ph. D. in Condensed Matter Physics, Shandong University, 2011
- M. S. in Atomic and Molecular Physics, Ludong University, 2007
- B. S. in Physics, Dezhou University, 2004
Research and Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor, Southern University, 2020 - Present
- Full-Time Adjunct Professor, Southern University, 2015-2019
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Southern University, 2011 - 2014
- C. Zhang, U. Bhandari, J. Lei, C.Y. Zeng, S.M. Guo, H. Choi, S. Nam, J.Y. Yan, S.Z. Yang, F. Gao, Performance of Carbide Alloy Compounds in Carbon Doped MoNbTaW, Crystals, 11, 1073 (2021).
- U. Bhandari, H. Ghadimi, C. Y. Zhang, F. Gao, S. Yang, S. Guo, Computational Exploration of Biomedical HfNbTaTiZr and Hf0.5Nb0.5Ta0.5Ti1.5Zr Refractory High-entropy Alloys, Materials Research Express, 8, 096534 (2021).
- A. Goita, F. Gao, I.H. Nwigboji, Y. Malozovsky, L. Franklini, D. Bagayoko, Accurate first-principles study of electronic and related properties of the ground state of Li2Se ,Journal of Modern Physics, 10, 909-921 (2019).
- G.L. Zhao, F. Gao, D. Bagayoko, Reliable density functional calculations for the electronic structure of thermoelectric material ZnSb, AIP Advances 8, 105211 (2018)
- F. Gao, G.L. Zhao, Z. Wang, D. Bagayoko, D.J. Liu, Catalytic reaction on FeN4/C site of nitrogen functionalized carbon nanotubes as cathode catalyst for hydrogen fuel cells, Catalysis Communications 62, 79-82 (2015).
- F. Gao, G.L. Zhao, S.Z. Yang, Catalytic reactions on the open-edge sites of nitrogen-doped carbon nanotubes as cathode catalyst for hydrogen fuel cells, ACS Catalysis 4, 1267-1273 (2014).
- F. Gao, G.L. Zhao, S.Z. Yang, James J. Spivey, Nitrogen-doped fullerene as a potential catalyst for hydrogen fuel cells, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 3315-3318 (2013).
- Inventors: G.L. Zhao, F. Gao and Z. Wang, Carbon Nanostructure Synthesis, Patent No.: US 9,944,528;
- F. Gao, J.F. Hu, J.H. Wang, C.L. Yang, H.W. Qin and M.H. Jiang, Ferromagnetism driven by vacancies and C/N substitution at SrO (100) surface, Sol. Stat. Sci. 13, 126-130 (2011).
- F. Gao, J.F. Hu, J.H. Wang, C.L. Yang and H.W. Qin, Ferromagnetism induced by intrinsic defects and carbon substitution in single-walled ZnO nanotube, Chem. Phys. Lett. 488, 57-61 (2010).
- F. Gao, J.F. Hu, C.L. Yang, Y.J. Zheng, H.W. Qin, L. Sun, X.W. Kong and M.H. Jiang, First-principles study of magnetism driven by intrinsic defects in MgO, Sol. Stat. Commun. 149, 855-858 (2009).